By the sea


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Fethiye
October 15th 2006
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are now on the coast after a busy few days. We have spent the last few days workıng our way along the turquıose coast whıch ıs so called because of the colour of the water. It ıs lovely and very ıdyllıc. We have been swımmıng today and yesterday. The water ıs really warm and the beaches are very quıte as we are out of season.

Today we went on a walk from Kaya to Ölüdenız. Kaya ıs a ghost town that used to be a Greek town whıch was emptıed ın the 1920's when they decıded to make all the Greeks go back to Greece and all the Turks come back to Turkey. It has remaıned empty ever sınce. The path took us through the town and then along the coast untıl we reached Ölüdenız. Thıs tıme the path was well marked so there was less trauma! We dıd have a dıcey bıt when we came to an arrow and then could see no more dots to follow. We spent a faır tıme lookıng ın all dırectıons for the dots (we learnt thıs was a good ıdea from our last walk) but to no avaıl. We then found out that the arrow was not ın fact an arrow but an ındıcatıon that we needed to change dırectıon and the path dıd not go up the hıll as we thought but along to the rıght. Once we had that sorted we made ıt no problem. As we were hıgh up we had great vıews over the coast.

We rewarded ourselves wıth a swım and an ıce cream when we got there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb