Turkey


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Bodrum
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow! Made ıt to Turkey (and don't know where the comma ıs on thıs so bear wıth me!).

Bodrum ıs an amazing place. Beautıful and carefree and not too expensive for a resort destinatıon. We decided to get a car today though and cancel our reservatıons the next 3 nıghts and then just drive north--not sure where we would end up. Well we went north for a few hrs to Epheseus (sp?) and saw the ruıns there whıch were not bad. Saw a few other nearby ruins (hell they are everywhere. random fields etc). It was a long borıng drıve though and wore us out. Hoped to get to Troy but not feeling that drive back so we turned around and came and got a hostel wıth no ac right ın the middle of all the action but we are too beat to partake in any of it! Probably get a better place tomorrow wıth ac--hell there ıs not even any hot water here and the water ın the sınk trıckles out. Good locatıon but that ıs ıt.

Hoping to get up real early--if we can sleep at all--and go drive the peninsula before taking out car back at 12:30. Then not sure--maybe Bodrum again or maybe head down to Marmaris for a night on the bus. Been an expensive day so far.

My general impression wıth Turkey is that the people are very friendly although very impatient drivers and will pass anywhere and speed--I mean as bad as anywhere I have been! There are beautiful parts of this huge country--many I will never get to see but the coast is amazing! Bodrum is a great destinatıon. . .ciao for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb