A2 Tavel Blog #1


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria » East
September 16th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In Syria an illegal chemical called,sarin was used in warfare on August 21,2013.This war crime has violated the international law. The international community is responsible for making sure this never happens again. in oder to make this happen, the person responsible for this should be accounted for.As stated in the article "Samantha Power, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N., also said a preliminary review of the report shows it supports the U.S. position that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime was responsible" (CNN.com). This is important because the Syrian President should be taking out of office for violating a law. He is supposed to be a role model for others in that country and that is not they way. In result, President Obama has ordered them to send all chemical weapons to a secure place in a year. If this fails, consequences will be ordered.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/politics/syria-civil-war/

In Syria is a republic government. Bashar al-Assad is president and, for a 7-year term, is also Secretary General of the Ba'ath Party and leader of the National Progressive Front, which is of 10 political parties authorized by the regime. The president has the right to appoint ministers, to declare war and states of emergency, to declare amnesty, to amend the constitution, and to appoint civil servants and military personnel. The Emergency Law, which effectively suspends most constitutional protections for Syrians, was formally in effect through a declared State of Emergency from 1963 until 2011 and remains the de facto standard for security operations.People In Syria take this very serious and govern themselves accordingly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb