5 Essential Tips While Visiting Mecca


Advertisement
Saudi Arabia's flag
Middle East » Saudi Arabia » Mecca
January 7th 2016
Published: January 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Visiting the holy city of Mecca can be very satisfying. It is that time in life that you will feel totally united with your religion. It is the time when all the things you have read and known about holy Quran comes to life. A time, when you feel all your prayers could be answered. However, like visiting all other places in the world, there are a few essential tips you should know about before going to Mecca. A few essential tips that will make your Mecca visit more pleasurable and memorable are:

1. Join the queue 10- 15 minutes before the Azan for Asar

When you are going to kiss the black stone, it may seem to be very hectic and inconvenient because people will be pushing and trying to get ahead even if they come after you. If you want to get ahead, getting in the line before the azan for asar is a great way to ensure that you will be having a great time and you will get to kiss the stone faster.

2. Learn salat jenazah

One thing many people do not pay attention to is the funeral prayer. If you are going to visit mecca, it is a great idea that you learn the prayer before visiting the city because you will pray 5 times a day and this is no joke. So learn the prayer before getting to the city.

3. Arrange a comfortable hotel stay

There are some best hotels in Mecca near Haram. Book one of these and have a peaceful and comfortable stay. Whether you are a group, a couple, a family or single, enjoy this trip to spirituality by staying in a nice hotel accommodation.

4. Carry sunglasses
One thing about Kaaba is that it gets very sunny. If you are light sensitive, this light will affect your eyes and may ruin the quality of your visit to mecca. Sunglasses are also a great way for you to keep your eyes safe from UV rays from the sun as you walk around the city. They are essential not just for people who are light sensitive, but for everyone too.

5. Carry an extra Ihram
Mecca is a very hot city. Being out in the sun and in the huge crowd will make your Ihram become dirty and may even smell of sweat from your body. Ensure that you carry an extra one to keep yourself from torturing and bringing discomfort to people. It is always good to have one just in case you will sweat too much or it gets dirty. You should also be careful while wearing your ihram, sometimes you may get flashed accidentally when wearing one, do not be offended it happens to most people.

The above tips will help make your trip a bit simpler and easier.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.44s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb