Qatar: Doha - West Bay/ Sealine Dune Bashing


Advertisement
Qatar's flag
Middle East » Qatar » Doha
May 1st 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We enjoyed a Dune Bashing trip near the Sealine along with a dessert style overnite camping right on the ocean.

Much of Qatar's oil and natural gas wealth is visible in Doha, which is the economical centre of Qatar. Doha is home to the headquarters of the country's largest oil and gas companies. Like the nearby city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Doha's economy is moving away from its dependency on the oil and natural gas industries, although unlike Dubai, Doha's main focus is not tourism.

Construction is also booming in Doha, a result of increasing corporate and commercial activity in Doha; this is most visible with the changing skyline of the city, as Doha has over 50 towers currently being constructed


While there we also got to tour The Pearl Qatar....it is still under construction at an alraming pace. They are going to build a whole city in a matter of 4 yrs!

The Pearl-Qatar in Doha, Qatar is an artificial island spanning nearly four million square meters. When completed it will be the first land in Qatar to be available for freehold ownership by foreign nationals.

The name of the island
Mr. Green on West BayMr. Green on West BayMr. Green on West Bay

Cousin & Mr. Green.
is derived from its customized topography, designed to resemble a string of pearls. Creating over 32 kilometers of new coastline, it was reclaimed for use as a residential estate with an expected 15,000 dwellings by 2010. Developed by United Development Company (UDC), the island is located 350 meters offshore of Doha’s West Bay Lagoon area.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb