Edit Blog Post
Published: October 4th 2019
1. It was Friday in Doha. Arrived Doha Airport 1hr late due to late departure from KLIA.
2. New doha airport seemed quiet at noon. Despite not many people at the immigration counter, the clearance took a little bit longer than I had expected.
3. The temp outside was scorching. That could be the reason why the there’s not many people walking around.
4. I took Uber from airport to Oryx Rotana Hotel. The 15mins drive cost me 21QAR.
5. Other than Uber, one can opt to use taxi to move around. There’s metro in Doha but it is not as extensive.
6. My first tour was National Museum of Qatar. The museum itself is huge and the design is unique that would attract people to come.
7. Since I only had few hours left before dark, hence I decided not to enter it.
8. My next destination was another museum known as Islamic Art Museum. It is located abt 4-5kms away from the National Museum
9. The fee is 50QAR per pax. The museum operating hours would end at 7pm. So I quickly browsed the artefacts on display.
10. Visiting doha would not complete it one had not go to
Souq al Waqif.
11. It is advisable to go there at night. There’s plenty things can be done. Shopping, dining, hanging out with locals etc
Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0121s; 1; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.2mb