Luxor to Muscat


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we had to get ourselves from Luxor to Muscat, surviving a 6 hour layover in Doha (Qatar). Our flight was not until late in the morning, so we basically doodled around the hotel and a local market while waiting. There was not enough time to see anything interesting, so we just sort of messed around. We drove to the airport, cleared security and check in, hung around a bit, and hopped on the plane. There were very few people, apparently, flying from Luxor to Doha. We arrived in Doha and basically then spent 6 hours walking around and talking about various things, and I read an article in Newsweek that essentially said that America is in decline, and we had better get back on the innovative track. We then boarded our next flight, from Doha to Muscat, which was also quite empty, and spent the flight watching a ‘Funniest Home Videos’ style show the airline had on. We arrived at the hotel in Muscat, and checked in, dumping our stuff in the room. Then, because we were so hungry, we had spicy Indian food and garlic nan in the hotel restaurant. With help from the hotel desk, we arranged to get a rental car the next morning to do some looking around on our own.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb