Getting to Thailand via Amman Jordan


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan
November 24th 2014
Published: November 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

Welcome to my first travel blog entry! I am not sure how entertaining this will be for everyone, but I'll post about our trip for those who want to follow along. We left Chicago at 9:30 pm on Friday night. Our first flight was a little over 13 hours. We then had an 8 hour layover in Amman Jordan. With a layover of more than 6 hours the airline gives you a hotel room and dinner. There was a lot of conflicting info online about this so I wasn't sure what to expect. It ended up being super easy. You just went to one counter and they gave you a voucher for the hotel room. Then you go to another counter and they have you fill out a form and then take you through immigration. Because you are not leaving the hotel grounds you don't have to get a visa and contrary to info i'd found online they do not keep your passports if you are from the US. They took us on a 5 min shuttle ride to the airport. When we checked in they gave us two different rooms. We weren't sure if they thought we wanted two rooms or if they wanted us in two different rooms because we aren't married... either way we were right across the hall from each other and since we weren't sure the reasoning we just stayed inseparate rooms. We are going to be together plenty on this trip! We dropped our stuff in our rooms, took a shower and then went to dinner. It was a buffet that was really good. Lots of hummus and pita chips. A beet salad which I obviously didn't touch. We mostly ate the cold appetizer and salad portion. There were also several hot dishes but we had filled up on hummus! We both managed to catch a couple hours sleep before heading back to the airport to catch our 1:45 am flight to Bangkok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb