Petra To Amman


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Petra
July 19th 2001
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The next day we went to Petra again, but this time to look at all of the lost city. It was so amazing. The colours of the rocks there were something I had never seen before. It took us a while to get to the entrance way this time, as it was really hot, even though it was morning.

By the end of the day, I couldn't be bothered walking back through the siq, so I rode a horse. On the way back, I stopped in a little rest stop, and got talking to a nice Jordanian man. I was so tired that I just went back to the hotel and slept. Later that night I met up with Charlotte and Gaz up on the roof top of Rabee's hotel, smoked a few sheesha's, and had a few drinks.

On the drive to Amman we stopped at a few places. Kerak was a pretty cool place, and the views from there were very nice.

After that we went to Mt Nebo, and from there we could see The Dead Sea. And then we went to St George's Church in Madaba, and looked around at the Mosaics.

Then we drove to Amman. On the first night Rabee took us to a cafe with Aziz. It was really nice there, and we shared some sheesha's. After that we tried to get into an over 23's bar, but I was only 18, and Charlotte and Gaz were only 20, so they said no. But Rabee did some sweet talking, and we were in. The drinks there wernt so good, but we all had a pretty good dance.

Then we all went back to Rabee's house for some more drinks. We all had a little bit too much. We got back to the hotel around 5am, and had to be up at 7am to go to Jerash. We all woke up with major hangovers.

Jerash was really nice, but to be honest, I wasn't really too keen on looking around, because I was feeling too sick, and with the middle-eastern summer heat, I felt even worse.

That night we went to the same cafe again, although there was no drinking afterwards. We went to a mall, and just looked around a few shops, and then Rabee pointed out a girl who worked in the Adidas shop. He said she was a model, and then on our way back to Amman, we saw her picture on billboards all over the place.

After that we went to a very popular night spot, although it wasn't really my thing. They had some live music, and everyone was clapping along. Then we went back to Rabee's and just hung out there for a while.

In the morning Charlotte called me pretty early. We decided to go for a walk around Amman, and it was pretty busy, but nowhere near as busy as Cairo was.

Then we went back to the hotel to meet with Charlotte's friend's brother. Her friend was on exchange in the UK, and was home for the summer. After a while the brother came as well. They were both really nice.

After that, it was time to say goodbye to Charlotte and Gaz. It was pretty sad, as we all got along pretty well.

On the flight from Amman to Dubai, I decided not to sleep, as it was only a 4 hour flight. We had a stopover in Dubai for about 8 hours, so we spent some time looking at the Duty Free stores, and the rest of the time we were doing nothing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb