Jordan


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Amman
October 14th 2015
Published: October 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Petra Canyon of the Crescent Moon at NightPetra Canyon of the Crescent Moon at NightPetra Canyon of the Crescent Moon at Night

Three of us from our group joined about 200 others for a candlelight walk of this site, followed by a brief Bedouin flute and string instrument serenade.
Over the last two days we continued our journey through the wonderful country of Jordan. Yesterday we visited Mt. Nebo, the traditional site from where Moses first gazed upon the Promised Land, and the city of Madaba. Madaba is most famous for the mosaic map of the Holy Land on the Byzantine Church of St. George. Today, we visited the ancient cities of Amman and Jerash; these sites mark the final two stops on this two month journey throughout Turkey, Greece and the Holy Land. I have done my best to capture some of the sights, sounds, feelings and spirituality of this journey of learning and pilgrimage. As I come to the end of this journey, I find myself short on words. Thank you for allowing me to share a bit of this experience with you. Tomorrow we travel back across the border to Israel and on Saturday, we will depart for home. Please pray for the safety of our travels and for the Peace, Salam, Shalom, of Israel and Palestine.

Enjoy the photos tonight, I'm sure I will have more thoughts to share as I continue to reflect on this grace-filled journey...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Madaba Mosaic Map Madaba Mosaic Map
Madaba Mosaic Map

Oldest existing map of the Holy Land (Byzantine Era Church Floor)
Moses' view of the Promised LandMoses' view of the Promised Land
Moses' view of the Promised Land

Mt. Nebo, traditional location from which Moses looked upon the Canaan, the Promised Land.
Amman Amman
Amman

Ancient Ruins in Foreground; Modern City in Background
Arch MakerArch Maker
Arch Maker

Model of frame used to construct arches.
Amman Hercules TempleAmman Hercules Temple
Amman Hercules Temple

Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!
Amman Timeline 1Amman Timeline 1
Amman Timeline 1

These three timelines display the timeline we have been studying during this journey.
Jerash TheaterJerash Theater
Jerash Theater

Capacity 6,000
Jerash Small TheaterJerash Small Theater
Jerash Small Theater

Capacity for 1,500.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb