Jordan day 3


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Amman
May 15th 2008
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was very hot! It was the warmest day since i have been here, luckily it is nice out right now but then again it is 11:15pm while it is 4:pm EST. We began our day like usual discussing the readings and talking about what would happen over the course of the day. We were going to the gold and spice markets to see them and to apply them to what we had to read for the day before. A group of 4 of us, found our way to the markets and after we went to an ancient Roman theater where they had a museum of folk art and modern history. It was amazing to see the theater. It was almost is perfect conditions despite the fallen poles. Afterward, we were so hot and tired that we decided to put off our trip to Jerash till Monday since we have the day off!

After our market experience, we went to eat lunch at Tawaheen al-Hawa which is a traditional arabic resturant. It is known as one of the best in the city and it is a high end resturant. A lady who helped pay for our trip bought our meal in order for us to experince a true meal here.

This afternoon, a group of us went back to the mall since we do not have much to do here at ACOR. Thursday nights are like Fridays in the US. Children do not have school on Fridays so there were tons of kids at the mall. We went to the movies and saw the movie Iron Man. It was played in English but had arabic subtitles. Afterward we went to eat dinner at SpinOut which is a coffee like resturant.

Tomorrow, we are not doing much. One of the girls wants to find a certain pastry shop, and then in the afternoon we are having dinner with the Mansour family. The family is from both Jordan and Palestine. The meal will be very traditional and we will get to experience food from both countries. We are going at 3:30 and will be there till at least 8:30! It will many courses!

More to come tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb