Surprise trip for a lovely 24hours in Tel Aviv - sunrise, sunbathing, surfing and sunset!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District
September 14th 2014
Published: September 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Got myself a trip to Tel Aviv, in Israel, from standby. Not going to lie, I was a bit apprehensive about going due to recent going ons there but I ended up being surprised at how nice a trip it was. Had a night flight over from London and arrived at 5am local time. By the time we got to the hotel the sun was starting to rise. Could see some of it from my room window which overlooked the beach. Liking this place already! Had a sleep until about midday then time to head out in the sun. Chilled by the pool at first, then hit the beach and had a couple of beers. The beach was literally on our doorstep which was amazing. It is so gorgeous here! The beach was stunning and the water was so clear and warm. There were a few people doing paddle boarding and surfing so went and got ourselves some surf boards. Made an attempt at it, we were more bodyboarding. They do give surfing lessons but we found it more fun attempting solo. It looked like you can also go scuba diving here as they had all the equipment at the board hire place. Try that another time! There were a few beach bars and restaurants along the the beach aswell where you could order from and the food or drink would be brought over to you.

We went to the harbour area for dinner which had a few restaurants, and also an Irish Bar. No matter where you may be in the world shall always come across an Irish Bar! We walked along and ate an Israeli/Italian restaurant. Was a really nice setting sitting outside by the boats and managed to see the sunset. Had some bread with dips to start then chicken with an Israeli salad. Was lovely, really like Middle Eastern cuisine. There is meant to be another restaurant nearby where you can get unlimited hummus and salad so I'll be upfor that place next time! On the walk back to the hotel some of the beach bars seemed to be getting bit busier and getting set up for some night time activity. However we had a very early start in the morning so just headed back to hotel.

Glad that I got used for this trip as it really has changed my perspective. Such a gorgeous place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement





Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb