The flight and security checks... and Tel Aviv!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
March 5th 2006
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

The day to fly to Tel Aviv arrived. Altough it was a business trip, it was an oportunity to see Israel. When I called the airport in order to check for the flight details, I'd noticed that I had to be there 4 hours in advance due to the security check!.

Arrived at the Amsterdam airport, went to the check in desk of El Al. Only difference is that this desk is just slightly different then the other ones. It was in a corner protected with bulletproof glass and there were troopers with automatic guns for protection. Security for EL AL has a very high priority. Once arrived at the 'check in desk' which was a table where every traveler gets an personal interview about the purpose of the travel, ethnic background, with who you travel and where to stay. After a very intensive interview, I passed the first security check.

After the passport check at Amsterdam airport we had to go to a special area underground for another intensive check. All the luggage were scanned by different types of X-Ray machines. My Shoes were completely checked if there was not anything which could cause any danger during the flight. At a certain moment I was afraid that they will do 'internal research' as well… J

After passing this security check as well, we could board and fly to Tel Aviv…

The flight was comfortable and after 5 hours we arrived to David Ben Gurion airport at Tel Aviv.

The flight was comfortable and after 5 hours we arrived to David Ben Gurion airport at Tel Aviv and the challenge now was to enter the country. Compared with the security check before the flight, entering Israel went without any delays. Just some questions at the passport check, but just business as usual.

We took a taxi and went to our hotel. When we checked in we realized that our secretary accidentally reserved a room on the Royal Floor of the hotel, which was approximately $ 300,- A day! Luckily we stayed only for 3 nights, otherwise we would hit the limit of our credit cards. After checking in and entering the room we went out for a dinner and explore a bit the boulevard of Tel Aviv.

As we had to wake up early for the meetings and we were tired of the travel we didn't made it late and went to sleep early.

The second day, when our 3 days of meeting started and ended, our 3 days meeting became squeezed into 2 days and we had a day off. A good opportunity to make a daytrip to Jerusalem…


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb