Day 5


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
February 14th 2017
Published: February 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We're halfway through our trip as we entered into Day 5 of our 7 day journey. The weather was a little more humid than usual but nonetheless I was excited as usual for what today had in store which was a trip to Hazor Tel Hazor. This was going to be another 2 hour drive that would take us to upper Galilee and north of the sea of Galilee. We went ahead and picked up breakfast this time around at Maganda and took it with us to Hazor as we decided that we would eat lunch at a restaurant called Kvish 90 located in Rosh Pina which was 12 minutes away from Hazor. We arrived at Hazor at 10:01 that morning. The city of Hazor lay almost nine miles north of the Sea of Galilee. During the time of Joshua, it was a Canaanite stronghold in northern Palestine. During the conquest of Canaan, as Joshua marched his army northward, he was confronted by a coalition of forces under the leadership of Jabin, king of Hazor. The biblical record declares that the Israelite army soundingly defeated this confederation and burned Hazor to the ground and is found in Joshua 11:1-14. Our three hour tour was going to begin shortly. Hazor as we learned today was a massive site. According to the tour guide, there were two destructions of Hazor. Across the street by Kibbutz Ayelet Hashahar, the Tel Hazor Museum offers explanations of the twenty-one occupation levels discovered during the tell’s numerous excavations. You can even volunteer to serve during the seasonal excavations. After we finished our tour we headed to Kvish 90. We arrived at 2:20 to our restaurant. To our surprise this place was American in its food variety. It consisted of mainly hamburgers and food of that sort. The food, much to my dismay was that of what American Food tasted like or better I should say. As we finished our meal, the time we left Kvish 90 was at 4:30 as we headed back for our two hour drive. When we got back to the hotel we were tired as usual. I turned in and prepared for the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb