illusions, jewfros, goodbyes


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
July 4th 2011
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

so timekeeping has eluded me again. byc omplete accident i realised yesterday that my flight out istoday and not tomorrow. so it's my last day here in israel and i wish i had time to escape the city and get back to the north or to see tevaria or go to visit tsfat again but it's probably not realistic so i'm going to just hang out here for my last day.
curls get the girls. they are a blessing because i dont want to waste time worrying about making myself look presentable. the water here makes my hair super curly. it's splendid.
i feel like i have been here forever. this is my home. in australia i'm too loud, a little too open and my willingness to approach strangers is received with hesitation. here in israel, i'm not in the least bit louder than the average person. never have i been met with such warmth, understanding and tolerance. the depth of acceptance that i've experienced here between complete strangers is astounding and has melted my heart. in the same vain, it would be unfair if i dont admit that i have begun to delve further into the complexities of the issues and the divides within israeli society. i do believe in world peace and hope desperately that we can make it happen. i feel strongly however, that it starts with me and with you. each time i feel that someone's mannerisms or their attitudes are unacceptable, i need to reframe my perspective in such a way that i can make room for their views within the scope of my own. as i set off on the next leg of my adventure i wish love and light to everyone. i hope that i will take with me the kindness and the myriad blessings that have been bestowed upon me here, boththrough the rich experiences which i will cherish and also directly from individual people who have stopped me in the street to wish me well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb