Arrival


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
February 21st 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, I had planned on updating the blog as we passed through each airport, but never got the chance. Our plane was late leaving Portland because they had to spray deicer on the wings. Consequently, we were late arriving in Phoenix. By the time our plane landed, our next flight had already started boarding, and was in fact due to depart very shortly. We made a mad dash to the opposite end of the terminal and just made it our connecting flight to Philadelphia.

We landed early in Philadelphia, and everyone had a chance to stretch their legs a bit. However, with the additional security screening required before our flight to Tel Aviv, there really wasn’t time to get connected and post anything. We got through security, boarded, and settled into our seats to enjoy the ten hour flight to Tel Aviv. We were all happy when the meal was served, but by the time we were done, most of us were feeling sleepy.

We landed at Ben Gurion International Airport on Sunday, February 20th, around 2:20 pm local time (that’s roughly 4:20 am PST with the 10 hour time difference). We got our luggage and met our guide Eran. Then it was off to the hotel. We got to experience Tel Aviv during rush hour. There was a light spring rain falling. The cool air was wonderfully clean and refreshing after being cooped in airports and airplanes for just over 22 hours. Tel Aviv is huge, and it looks like any modern city that you would be familiar with. Eron said that there more than 2 million people in the greater Tel Aviv area, or the Dan Block as the locals call it (because during Biblical times, this area belonged to the tribe of Dan).

There are trees everywhere. Palm trees and many other varieties of trees are growing here on the boulevards and between buildings. We even saw olive trees growing by the side of the freeway. Everywhere we looked we saw signs of spring. Our hotel is very close to the Mediterranean Sea. You could smell the sea on the breeze, and it was very breezy last night. We had a delicious dinner last night at the hotel, but the long hours of travelling took its toll on us. So, it was off to our rooms to relax and rejuvenate for the next day.


Advertisement



21st February 2011

message
Glad that you all made it their safetly. Been praying for a safe trip their. Have a wonderful time on your trip and a blessing to others. God Bless.
21st February 2011

Thanks for do this !!!
I feel like I'm there with you not really but almost. Keep up the good work so we can enjoy your trip with you. Give my LOVE to everyone for me. I wish I was there with you all. Love Ya, diane

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb