Hai Bar Nature Reserve


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Eilat
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So today was gorgeous as always! In the morning we got a tour of the kibbutz and learned a lot about its history and also had an introduction to the course. During our afternoon siesta, we went out to the pool for a couple hours and swam/ layed out ( I am already starting to get tan!).

In the evening, we went to Hai Bar Nature Reserve which is an amazing place. Hai Bar's goal is to bring animals that used to be native to the area but for reasons such as human interference have become nearly extinct and have them grow in large enough numbers so that they can be re-introduced to the country. There is also a separate part of the reserve that is for rehabilitating animals that are not necessarily endangered, but have been found injured.
For the first part, we drove through the reserve and saw animals such as ostriches, orexes, onegers, addaxes. The ostriches are extremely inquisitive and three of them came right up to our van and were tapping the window with their noses and trying to take our sunglasses!
The second part, we watched the injured animals during their night time feeding. There were so many amazing animals there!

Tomorrow, our classes/ lectures begin and we are also eating dinner in the sand dunes and going to a night swim/ movie at the pool!

Advertisement



5th July 2009

Wear your Suntan Lotion!!
Everything you're doing is amazing!! Keep having fun and learning stuff. Thanks for taking care of the animals. Love you. Dad

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb