Welcome to Israel!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Eilat
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, after fourteen hours of traveling from NY to London to Tel Aviv, I am finally on Kibbutz Ketura, and it is AMAZING. From my room I can see the mountains in Jordan (the border is only three miles away). The kibbutz has around 140 members, a pool surrounded by mountains, tennis courts, soccer field, an algae farm which produces algae that changes color based on its stress level, date palm tree fields, experimental orchards, horses, camels, cows, and sooo much other stuff.

On the five hour drive yesterday from Tel Aviv to the kibbutz, we stopped at מכתש רמון (machtesh ramon) which is the largest crater in Israel and one of the only three of this type of crater in the world, all of which are located in Israel!

Tonight we are going to שמורת טבע חי-בר (Hai Bar Nature Reserve) to help with the night feeding of the animals. Since it is so hot here, around 110-115 degrees, during the day, the animals adjust their feeding schedules to the late evenings when it is slightly cooler, slightly being still in the high 80's and 90's atleast!

I am so happy to finally be back in Israel, eating my chocolate with pop rocks, being around so many other Jews, and working on my hebrew, coming home might not be a possibility!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

yaeli yaeli
yaeli

little yaeli (kinda like a deer, i dont know what it is in english), we got to feed him


30th June 2009

So glad the trip went well and you love Israel. AND happy your have your chocolate with pop rocks! xoxo mommy
30th June 2009

Great pictures Viv, thanks for posting them!!!!!!
5th July 2009

Great Pictures
What's the animal in picture 3?

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb