Roadtrip to the North


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Golan
March 27th 2010
Published: May 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A roadtrip to the North includes: The Golan Heights and The Kinerret (Sea of Galillee).

The weather was a little bad so instead of taking a hike in the Golan we decided to take a trip with the car up in the mountains and visit some known places around the Kinerret. It turned out to become a christian tour visiting the place Jesus was baptised and where he walked on water.

First we stopped by a shop called kafar tamar (if i remeber correctly). It's a shop with biological food and a lot of spices. We had some thee, bought some choclate/cinnamon covered nuts and honey liquer. Afterwards we drove to the place where Jesus was baptised in the Jordan river. People still come from all over the world to get baptised here, pretty unbelievable. So this spot is located at the Jordan river, so after a small stop here we went for a little trip along the river. I took a few pictures because it was disgusting there! It was filled with trash and it smelled really bad. I got a nice picture though of the river and the trees without any garbage in it. If people could take better care of the nature it could be as beautiful as on that picture, but sadly it does not look like this in reality.

Afterwards we drove up the mountains in to the Golan, we came close to the Syrian border and had a great view of the hills and mountains of Syria. On the top of Golan there are a lot of falcons and eagles, its really beautiful! We came across a pretty amazing sight aswell, a field with cows and in the middle an old syrian tank from wars many years ago. Its an absurd picture, but the Golan is like this. It is filled with minefields, tanks, bunkers and other atilleries.

At the end of the trip we stopped by a greek church (or something like that) located on the coast of the Kinerret. This is the location where Jesus supposedly walked on water. They found a boat there that looks like the discription of Jesuss boat and it dates from that time aswell. Offcourse we didn't see the boat, i'm not sure where the boat is, but the scenery was beautiful and there were nice animals😊

It was an amazing day in the North!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Baptisim PlaceBaptisim Place
Baptisim Place

Take a look at the pidgin language! It is the best!
Like JesusLike Jesus
Like Jesus

Walking on the sea of Galilee
The Greek Orthodox ChurchThe Greek Orthodox Church
The Greek Orthodox Church

in Capernaum on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, with the Golan Heights in the distance


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb