Jerusalem


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shalom!

We have spent the last 3 days in Jerusalem. Upon arrival, we drove in and did nothing the first day.

The following day, we booked a tour of the Old City and saw the Armenian, Jewish, Muslim, and Christian quarters. We also spent 1.5h at Yad Vashem (not enough time).

I had seen most of these sites before but it was a new experience for Josh, but it's always nice to see things again.


The next day we went to the Israel Museum - of which the archaeological wing was closed... until 2009... for "comprehensive renovations". We saw the Dead Sea Scrolls though, which was amazing in itself.

Later that day we took a scenic drive to a stalagtite/stalagmite cave near Beit Shemesh... which was closed for the day.

Notice the theme.

Also, I forgot to mention that EVERYTHING was closed in Jerusalem on Shabbat. We found one very sketchy bar that was open though - well, it was more of a dank pit than a bar.

So all in all, Jerusalem was a bit of a let down, but it didn't bother me that much since I'd had a comprehensive tour previously. But the experience prepped us for an amazing few days in and around the Dead Sea.... more to come.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb