Israel Day 1 - London to Jerusalem


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
October 24th 2017
Published: February 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The flight to Ben Gurion was uneventful, despite the Cadburys special offers in Duty Free, meaning a plane full of people armed with 'Fruit and Nut'.

We arrived at the airport and tried to follow signs to the Jerusalem bus without success. We gave up and took a Sherut (shared taxi). Our fellow travellers included a family who lived not particularly on the way to Jerusalem, but we made it eventually, but a somewhat circuitous route.

We were dropped at the Metropole Hotel, which was unfortunate, as we were staying at the New Metropole. Luckily it was only a few doors away from our hotel, and we traipsed up the hill and checked in.

Our hotel was in the predominantly Arab East Jerusalem. It had seen better days. The biggest issue was the leak from the upstairs toilet through our bedroom ceiling. We called the manager. He said if we didn’t like it, we should check into a more expensive hotel. We googled alternative hotels and decided to lump it. After some experimentation, we came up with a bin/cushion combo. The bin caught the drips and the cushion muffled the dripping sound. It had been a long day, so it didn’t matter too much, we could have slept through pretty much anything.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.7kb