Game vs Chile


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Haifa District
July 15th 2009
Published: July 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Shalom! We had a game this morning vs Chile. We were victorious and won by a score of 5-0. We outplayed them the whole game and started off well. Even though we came out flying, we were not able to score our first goal until late in the first half. Kyle knocked home a loose ball inside the box. The Chile team was just like the Peru team, in that they tried to stall and fake injuries any chance they got because they were clearly not fit. That being said, we went into halftime up 1-0. We opened the second half with a sense of urgency and our hard work paid off as we were awarded a penalty kick after Zip was taken down in the box. Leon stepped up and buried the penalty kick for his 2nd in as many games. After that goal, we were able to get more and more scoring chances. Andy got the next goal off a long cross to the far post where he was waiting to head the ball over the goalie. Charlie scored the fourth goal off a nice free kick that bent in far post off the bar. The last goal was a result of a nice combination play that led to Jake getting a head on the ball off of a nice cross. Although we had plenty of other chances, we came away with a 5-0 win. The defense once again did a nice job stifling any attack the other team might have had and Misha rarely had to make a save. As for the rest of the day, we are heading to the women's game around 6ish and then going to a professional game featuring Maccabi Haifa at 8pm. We are supposed to have a light practice tomorrow but more details to come. Hope everyone is doing well and we will keep you updated on the Men's Open team.

Room 204

Advertisement



16th July 2009

Chile
Congrats again on the win. Sounds like you are having a good tme and playing well. Big game against Australia on Fri who is also 2-0. Show them how good you are. Then on to the quarter final round.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb