My Thanksgiving


Advertisement
Iraq's flag
Middle East » Iraq
November 24th 2006
Published: November 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

That was definitely an interesting Thanksgiving Day. As sad as I am that I wasnt really able to enjoy celebrating it, I'm pretty thankful that I got to experience it.

We had outside media (CBS and Reuters) come in to cover the festivities, so instead of being able to sit and eat, we spent a good portion of the day escorting them. The CBS guys were pretty cool, and I didn't mind it so much. And when they were done, I sat down with them and had my mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Granted, the band was done playing, and the room was pretty much empty, and two of them weren't from America, but it was nice. Then for dinner, our office was able to eat together and I was able to get to the pumpkin pie, which was good. So, I wasn't able to eat with my real family, but at least it was with my Army family. Not being home for the holiday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Not too much else going on... things are good, though, and I miss everyone.

Advertisement



24th November 2006

HappyThanksgiving!
I'm glad to know you got cranberry sauce...that was worrying me.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb