Our Visit in Cyprus: Day 2


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus
July 11th 2005
Published: August 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Five Fingers MountainFive Fingers MountainFive Fingers Mountain

View from the Mediterranean Sea

Our Cyprus Vacation: Soaking up the Sun



We continue to explore the island of Cyprus by making a stop at a local beach club. Many travelers from all of the world come to these beach club resorts for their summer vacation. Many travelers were from Turkey, Great Britian, and Russia. And..Me... I had to have been the only American Citizen on the island..but... you never know!



The first beach club we went to was beautiful. I began the afternoon with a tasty frozen strawberry daquiri and a redbull/vodka while Ismail had a Coca-Cola *S*. We covered ourselves in tanning oil and layed out on the beach club lounge chairs. After getting a little sun, we headed for the sea. The sun was too hot so we decided to test the waters of the Mediterranean Sea. The sand was not like the white sandy beaches of Florida, but a dark brown. BUT, the sand was real Mediterranean sand unlike the sand at the Florida beaches! It was so hot with our bare feet as we ran to the Sea to cool off. The water was so warm and relaxing!



This beach club is so
Massive Rock Massive Rock Massive Rock

Mediterranean Sea
nice because of the area of the Mediterranean Sea that surrounds it. The Massive rock not too far from the shore was so interesting. We even swam out to the rock to find many others tanning on the sand. The water was very shallow at the shore; it was like a really big heated swimming pool!



Ismail and I spent the day at the beach while Murat went to class. He picked us up later that afternoon. We had been out in the sun all afternoon. It was definitely a beautiful sight and a great day of relaxation for the both of us.

As the day unfolds, we make plans to meet up with Ismail's cousin and college friend in the capital of Cyprus. He went to college with both of them when he studied at the American University in Cyprus for one semester. When I met his cousin, he looked so much like Ismail, they favored each other alot!

As dinner approaches, I notice that we do not get ICE in our drinks! This definitely took some getting use to. Also, my beverage that I chose happened to be a can of Lipton Tea and every place served a canned drinks if it came in one, with a straw to top it off! The meal was delicious, although every time I ordered there seemed to be a little bit of miscommunication, perhaps because most of the people spoke Turkish! But, I ordered chicken kebab and it was great!

The restaurant in which we had dinner was situated along the busiest street in the capital city of Cyprus. It was like "the strip" at Panama City Beach where the traffic never stops and everyone drives by in their fancy cars with music as loud as they can play it. Most of the music was american rap or trance, I liked all of it!! It was so much better than hearing rap music!

So after a long drive back from the capital, it was time to get some rest. A new day awaits us a few hours later...........




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Ismai's Cousin, Classmate, MuratIsmai's Cousin, Classmate, Murat
Ismai's Cousin, Classmate, Murat

Dinner at the capital - students studying at Cyprus - American College


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb