First day and a visit to Limassol.


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Limassol
April 11th 2024
Published: April 20th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Easy 10am flight on the 10th April from East Midlands Airport via Jet2 to Larnaca. Our pickup there turned out to be a private taxi as there was only the two of us to go West to Limassol. It seems most people went East, direction of Aya Napa. Very pleasant to have a taxi to ourselves and straight there with no other dropoffs on the way.
We are staying at the lovely Atlantic Miramare Hotel. It's on the beach. We have a superior sea view room, extra big and a stunning view round the bay and across the sea from our balcony.

No hire car until tomorrow but all organised for one to be delivered to the hotel tomorrow morning.
We are as always only booked bed and breakfast as we plan to eat out everynight and however good the hotel food is it all becomes much of a muchness when you eat in the same place each night. First night for the buffet was fine but wouldnt want to do that everynight.

So this morning we grabbed a taxi from just outside the hotel and we were dropped us off at Limassol Marina. A beautifully created space which took its first boats in 2013 and is now filled with some rather superior boats and some very sympathetically planned residential buildings built round it. To the West side of the new marina is the ferry port for the bigger boats / cruise ships but we didn't go that side. To the other side is the old port, the fishing fleet.
Next to the Paradox Museum. All done with mirrors and great fun. Even better is we remember from last year that as 'retired' we get super discounts on entrance fees and most places are free.
Next stop Limassol Castle. A lovely tidy building built from the local stone, Cotswold coloured. Beautifully set out and a great way to learn a little of the long history of this island..

Then to the back streets of the old town and a stop for lunch before heading back to the seafront for a stroll back towards the hotel along the beautifully done promenade. We are super impressed with the city. Its busy and buzzy and everything really well planned and executed.
After a couple of miles we crossed the Beach Road which runs along all the way to our hotel and eventually managed to flag down a taxi and back to the hotel.
We had a really superb dinner at The Garden on the Beach Road just at the end of the our road down to the hotel and promised to return another night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb