Once upon a time in a land far away....


Advertisement
Europe
September 11th 2015
Published: September 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Boniffacius GuesthouseBoniffacius GuesthouseBoniffacius Guesthouse

Debbie and I enjoying the view!
Our trip started out with a 3:30am wake up call letting us know that there was a break-in at the station. Oh dear - seriously neither one of us could muster up much energy to care. Turned mostly to be an inconvenience more than anything (and maybe a blessing in disguise as I gad set my alarm for 3:30pm!) soon we boarded our 5:30 am flight to Vancouver to meet up with Don and Debbie.

We took he train from Brussels and enjoyed the beautiful and orderly countryside. We inadvertently sat in first class and when our tickets were checked we were told very politely to cough of some more euros or go to the standing room only cattle car - we paid up!

Bruges is a place from another era entirely - we got to know its winding and twisting streets in the hour and half (cab driver said it was a five minute walk from the train station) to find our guesthouse. We received directions from several friendly locals, I'm not sure if they were also confused or maybe thought we needed more exercise. Curtis would have been pulling out his hair - or flexing his jaw with frustration but hey - we are on vacation and just went with it.

At last we arrived - and had the warmest welcome and help from the owner. Charming doesn't seem quite adequate when describing the 16th century Bonifacius Guesthouse Which is situated along the cannnel. After a shower and a rest we were ready to try the local beer and an amazing yet simple dinner of fish and chips. We can't wait to explore some more tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb