Three Years Later...


Advertisement
Europe
May 15th 2015
Published: May 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On just another rainy September day a lifetime ago (or 2004 to be precise), two people met each other on a bus. He’d later tell people he noticed those dark brown curls and bright eyes and she’d tell her friends she liked his laugh and the way he was sitting reading his newspaper. It was not long after this moment that Chris Ashton and Amy Foster fell in love and it was ten years later in Veni... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




18th May 2015

Congratulations on your engagement!!!!
The place you proposed and the rest of your time in Venice couldn't have been more romantic. And a wedding in Tuscany...what could be more perfect. My daughter wanted to get married at a hilltop Tuscan town, and I had made all the arrangements except signing on the dotted line. Then the two mothers got involved. They wanted a big wedding near Washington DC, where most relatives and friends were. So that's what happened. Anyway it's great to hear from you again...it has been awhile and you were missed! I'm pleased you are recommitting to writing blogs here again.
18th May 2015

Nice to be back
Thanks Bob, we've missed writing on here too! Full steam ahead on the wedding plans but we're still managing to squeeze in our trips at every opportunity! :) Hope you're both well!
18th May 2015

Welcome back
Congratulations on your engagement, it sounds very romantic! Eleven countries in two years sounds like an amazing feat, I am quite jealous!. That's one of the things I miss the most about living in the UK: how easy it is to travel from there! I hope to read more from you soon and good luck with the wedding preparations.
18th May 2015

Thanks
The worry now is that we're running out of all the "cheap to get to" places nearby! :)
18th May 2015

Never the same
When I joined TB in 2011 there was a young couple embracing our pages on the adventure of a lifetime...popping up here and there pronouncing their love of myriads of exotic locales on the planet and each other. Chris & Amy were their names...and I've gotta say it's nice to hear the whats, wheres and wherefores in your wonderful life...'cause I was often wondering.
18th May 2015

:)
This comment put a smile on both our faces! We'll be sure to not leave it so long the next time around. Its a great feeling to be back among familiar company again and as always, wonderful to hear from Dancing Dave!
20th May 2015

Beautiful!
Congratulations..and what a beautiful blog, welcome back.
22nd May 2015
Rialto Bridge, Venice

Extraordinary photography and fine adventures!
How lucky to live in England, land of cheap flights to the cornucopia of European cultures! Clearly, you've visited fabulous sites, though Esther may be a bit put out with all your traveling. Brilliant summaries of your recent travels! My thoughts--your Lisbon photos are incredibly colorful and evocative despite it raining when you were there, it wouldn't be a proper trip to Morocco without a near-death experience, and the last three photos on this page of you two and the flowers are sweet beyond measure. Yes, getting engaged in by the Fenice and married in Siena suits you well. Just please include a whole blog and photos for each voyage. I looked at your site and was struck by your South American blogs, which I'm now so looking forward to (I'm in Peru now). Travel on!
22nd May 2015

A Love Story!
Welcome back Chris and Amy.... You really have not blogged since 2012...only one in 2013. Hope you are back to publish more frequently. We loved your paragraph on each of the 11 locations....but we want more. Congratulations! We are so happy for you. What a great collection of memories and photos.
19th June 2015

Congratulations!
I had not checked this site in a long while. Congratulations on your engagement! I remember sitting in my cubicle at work a few years ago often checking this blog, enjoying your vivid writings and beautiful photos. I must admit that reading the Chris & Amy updates as often as I did back then helped me grow the cajones to prepare for long term travel. I used to talk of the 2 of you so often to my fiance, and not too long ago he asked me about "the couple from the blog you used to follow". We have been on the road now since March 3, 2014. So glad I checked this tonight, happy to read things are well with you two. Best of luck always and I hope you keep writing stories!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 18; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb