Things in Europe that are great.


Advertisement
Europe
September 10th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Please visit this page often, as I have no where near enough pictures to highlight the awesomeness of Europe. These are a few things about Europe that are swell though.

Also note, since travelblog now hosts video, I thought it best to show exactly how great the produce system is here with a video.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Light switchesLight switches
Light switches

Theyre big and goofy!
Toilets.Toilets.
Toilets.

Theyre efficient. The button on ours has a stop so you can only flush what you need to if you only tinkle. Other models have a big button and a little button. Brilliant.
PlugsPlugs
Plugs

Wow!
Juice!Juice!
Juice!

All the containers of stuff here (juice, milk, whatever) are square. I know that the first thing youll say is that we all know that with basic optimization and some elementary calculus, that is not the ideal packaging for the volume and the makers are wasting material. However, they dont CARE because they fit in the fridge more EFFICIANTLY.
Military timeMilitary time
Military time

Everythings in military time here.
Sugar.Sugar.
Sugar.

They put Sugar in the sodas here, because corn syrup is really bad for you, so the health laws require real sugar. On a similar note, the coke here tastes a lot better.
MarketsMarkets
Markets

You can buy stuff in little markets around town. These are some rabbits for sale in the Naschmarkt (nibble-market)
The Metric SystemThe Metric System
The Metric System

And yes, in France you can order a Royale with Cheese. I forgot to take a picture of an ad I saw for it. But this is almost as cool. Not.
RadlerRadler
Radler

Lemonade. Beer. Radler.
Long wordsLong words
Long words

The great thing about living in Austria, a German speaking country, is that there are very very long words. In fact, you can take a very long series of nouns and/or adjectives and crush them together with seemingly very few limitations and make longer better words. For instance, this means "boiler room" and its on my boiler room.


Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb