At Sea en Route to Lisbon


Advertisement
Europe
January 27th 2015
Published: January 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 27th January, 2015. At Sea en Route to Lisbon

We had a posh breakfast and ended up sitting with one of the craft lecturers who is called Billie. M managed to get a rough idea of the sort of things she had planned and decided she would attend the paper flower making later. After breakfast we took a look around the ship. The ship is called the Azores but we knew that she used to be called the Athena. In fact we nearly sailed on her in 2008 but the trip was cancelled. She is not the smallest we have been on but is in the top 3 smallest. There are only 8 decks to house all the restaurants, cinemas, show lounges, guest and crew cabins, shops and bars. Walk around the promenade deck 8 times and you will have walked a mile. At 10.45 am D went to see a lecture and movie about Duncan Edwards. He was a footballer who died as a result of the Munich Air Disaster in 1958.

We had lunch in the restaurant and then M went to the Craft and Creation Session with Billie Niblock (who is a lady). She returned to the cabin proudly clutching a blue paper flower. We spent the afternoon in our cabin reading and then made our way to dinner. We met our dining companions for the next 30 days called John, Mary, Chris and Patricia. They were all very charming and we had a very pleasant meal together. After dinner we went to the show which was called ABBA - Dancing Queen. It really was very good and the singers are excellent. It is not up to the quality of some of the shows we have seen on cruises but there is not the resources or space for flash Hollywood style productions on this tiny ship. We like her very much.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb