Day 12 - Florence Area - Pisa - French Riviera, France


Advertisement
Europe
July 19th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post


We set off at 800am for a morning Stop in Pisa to see the leaning tower. We must have been the first tour company there, so we didn't have to wade our way through any of the street vendors & passing crowds to get to the Square of Miracles where the leaning tower resides.

Just as it is in the photo, there she leans over to the right, away from the adjacent Chapel's. It was nice to stand there amongst the nice green grass lawns, and take some cheesy pics, as if you were holding the tower up, or pushing it over depending on what side you take the picture from!!

We made our way out of the area, and took advantage of some tourist shopping for trikets, amongst the many imitation bags, sunglasses & watches. Back on the road we travelled northwest past the port of Genoa, seeing glimpses of the italian and french rivieras.
The drive continues to descend to the shores of Cote d'Azur for an overnight stay in the town of Cannes, famous for hosting the annual Film Festivals. We checked into our hotel and got ready for our big night out on the town.

Tonights optional excursion we drove 45 Mins along the French Riviera - arriving in the principality of Monaco.. Montecarlo is the second smallest country (1.95 Square Miles) to the Vatican City in Rome. We stopped in the highest point of the city, and admired the Catedral and Palaces of Prince Rainier.

We stopped in a French / Italian restaurant, where we had some more Pasta & Pork Roast with Veg (Rachel's Fav!! NOT, She had Veal) something that we had not had in a while!! (Same as the night before), and some really nice Italian Wine.

After dinner we made our way (Part the of) around the Formula 1 Race track, through the Tunnel & over to the "Casino de Paris. Talk about Jet-Set atmosphere!! We walked around the terrace enjoying the Elegant Ambience of the complex, as guests of the Casino rolled up in Ferrari F430's, Ferrari Scaglietti (Coupe), Bentley Continental GT's just to name a few. Finished the night off with some drinks, and a walk around the Casino's, tried our (bad) luck on a slot machine, to top off a good night out!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb