Day 5 - Lucerne - Verona & Venice


Advertisement
Europe
July 13th 2006
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This morning we left Fluelen through the wonderful alpine scenery, driving through St Gothard Alpine ranges. We are sorry to have to say goodbye to our favourite destination to date, however we are looking forward to coming back some day. As for today - Destination Verona Italy.

Leaving Fluelen, we travelled via a 17km tunnel, through the mountain into the sunnier Canton Ticino ranges.
Across the border into Italy we stopped in Lugano for a stroll along the lakeside promenade, and sample some real Italian Coffee. Just enough time to look at some more watches, some Italian designer clothing stores, and take some great pictures.

In the afternoon we drove across the Po Valley to Verona, a medieval setting of shakespears Romeo and Juliet, had our photo next to the Juliet statue (Yes - we did touch her breast too) underneath the famous balcony.
Looked through the Market Square, and had some real Gelati!! Whilst sitting down enjoying the fact (Pinch Pinch) that we were actually in Italy, Rach kindly pointed out the Ben Harper posters .advertising a Gig that he was going to play only days later!!! Doh!!!
As if missing Coldplay in Melb wasn't bad enough!

Around 630pm we arrived in Venice. We will be here two nights, and also get to sleep in tomorrow to 800am. Woo Hoo.

Tonight we took an additional excursion to see Venice by night. This was one of many that were offered to suppliment the standard tour. We travelled over to the Island via boat and had a chance to check out the scenery and take some snaps before the sun went down, and to kill some time before dinner. The meal was a hoot, and provided another chance to get to know some others on the tour over dinner, complete with cheesy Italian men playing accordians and singing That's Amore & Ava Maria..

Tomorrow we are back to Venice by day, and will check out some of the od buildings, and visit the famous churches. I hope that you are all well, and we both look forward to hearing from you.

Advertisement



13th July 2006

Loving it!
Hi you guys. Loving reading the blog entries... wish we could have seen you for longer!!! Carry on having lots of fun xx Figaro is fixed! Head gaskett didn't blow...woohoo!!!! X

Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb