Hull, ENG / Holyhead, ENG / Dublin, IRE


Advertisement
Europe
July 27th 2012
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After an 11 hour journey throughout the night we arrived from Rotterdam, NED in Hull on the East Coast of England. Today we are basically travelling across England (from East to West – that’s right to left Brenda) and then connecting with our second ferry which will take us to Dublin. The drive was pretty uneventful with the exception of us finding out that we aren't that big of Beatles fans. We planned to stop in Liverpool between our two ferries and set the GPS for Abbey Road in Liverpool - only to arrive and realize that Abbey Road is in London! We will be postponing the visit for a couple of days!

The ferry from Holyhead, ENG to Dublin, IRE is about 4 hours. We were upgraded to the Club Class and enjoyed a quick nap in the Club Class Lounge in addition to watching the BBC hype up the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

We arrived in Dublin on time at about 5:30pm and made our way to our Hilton hotel. We're really excited to be in the same hotel for three nights (living out of a suitcase is slightly annoying). We have a huge grocery store and gas station right across from the hotel, so we did some domestic duties and got stocked up for the next few days. This is our last time in a hotel before we 'slum' it a bit at a hostel in London.

We bought some dinner for the evening and decided to stay in and have our own Opening Ceremonies party in our room and watch on our big LG flat screen! The ceremonies were incredible, funny, magical, unique, entertaining and we had to keep reminding ourselves that we were watching them in Dublin instead of back home. We also had to keep reminding ourselves that we were going to be in London to experience the excitement and energy first-hand in just a matter of a few days!

Sleep time in order to rest for Irish golf in the morning.

Cheers,
Kristy & Will


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



1st August 2012

Opening Ceemonies
Don spent a week creating his "Man Cave" for the Olympics and family camping weekend. It was once the machine shed on the farm but with a creative mind and lots of screenig it has become our favorite place to be. It is like a huge gazebo! Funny thing is our flat screen TV from the house has somehow ended up in the Man Cave lol Love it and a perfect spot to entertain the Grandkids and watch the Olypmics Full of Canadian pride when you see our team at opening ceremonies. Go Canada!.

Tot: 2.294s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 4; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb