We Are on the Carnival Breeze


Advertisement
Europe
June 27th 2012
Published: June 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We apologize for the delayed update. We had technical difficulties in Spain and did not have access to the Internet. We are now on the Cruise line and the Internet is slow and won't allow us to upload pictures. Sorry 😞 they will be uploaded as soon as we get back home.

While we were in Spain we stayed in Bario Gotica which is an old town dating back to Roman times with streets that were 12ft wide at most. We walked a million miles throughout the city of Barcelona. We saw the La Seu Cathedral which has a Roman wall attached to it and a really neat nun cloister. The ceilings in the cathedral were gothic domes, around 90ft tall. We saw Carrer del Bisbe Irurita which was a Roman street with an arched walkway connecting the Cathedral and Placa de Sant Jaume. We went to Mercat de la Boqueria which was a HUGE outdoor market with fruits, vegetables, cheese, and meats. We went shoppimg and had gelato. Then we went to th aquarium on the pier. We saw all sorts of tropical fish and a really cool shark infested oceanarium tank containing 4.2 million liters of water.

Later that day we met up with Ferran Sabate. He helped us master the metro system and showed us La Sagrada Familia and Parc Quell. Both masterpieces of Antonio Gaudi. We ate dinner at the Sabate's Pizzeria. It as delicious!! Totally awesome day!! Very sore legs.

Tomorrow we will be in Marseille and Cassis France.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb