Almost ready


Advertisement
Europe
August 28th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I will be packing better for the hiking component of this trip. Not just moleskin but Compeed (bought out a pharmacy's supply in Richmond, England on the Wainwright walk), polysporin, Advil, tiger balm, gel toe caps and the magic cream - flamazine.
I think we have it in the right order. We do the luxury river cruise with guided excursions, gourmet meals and spectacular scenery. Then we fly to France spend 3 days in Paris walking all the familiar routes and stopping for cappuccinos and people watching every hour or so. Finally we go to Avignon where we begin trekking through the French countryside following Sherpa's maps and visiting the areas where Van Gogh spent so much of his time. I did check this trip out better than I did the Wainwright one. Less km per day and no high elevations (except maybe one ridge).
I had seen this trip in a fit of nostalgia over the Wainwright C2C and figured this is the one that would fit my needs and offer some challenge but not the heights and stamina required for C2C.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb