Twelveth Day


Advertisement
Europe
June 5th 2011
Published: June 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

5th June 2011. Vienna. I will start with last night’s talent show – what a hoot. Most of the staff took part and what they lacked in talent they certainly made up for in comedy. Lots of boy’s ballet in tutus and magicians with dubious talents. Our Hotel Manager, Axel was pretty good with his Elvis numbers but the head barman stole the show with his juggling of a bottle and an ice bucket.
This morning a little later start with a tour of this beautiful city of Vienna. Everywhere there is such history and grandeur. Our guide took us around the city twice on the bus showing museums churches etc so we could get our bearings then a guided walking tour through the town finishing at the church of St Stephen another magnificent church which uses the light form the stained glass windows to highlight many of its treasures.
We finished the morning with a coffee and authentic Apple Strudel just wonderful. We travelled back to the ship for lunch and I had a massage – very good. Tonight we have one of the tour highlights a Classical Concert at the Liechtenstein Palace. This is a “dressy affair” so I have switched on the hair straightener. We will be full of “culture” by the end if the night.
I have spoken to Mark and Mum & Dad are on their way, so Much excitement from us & I think just a little on their behalf as well. The plane bit won’t be that good but when they get to Budapest I am sure they will have a great time as well.
Tomorrow we go to Bratislava in Slovakia – so many countries…



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb