Tenth Day


Advertisement
Europe
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

3rd June. Cesky-Kromlov. Today it was three countries in one day. We started the day in Passau Germany actually didn’t see anything of Passau. Hopped on the new Scenic coaches and travelled 2 hours to Cesky-Kromlov in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately we sat up the back in the corner so I was a little ill, not as bad as the Lionel Ritchie concert but nearly had the same ending…
More really beautiful old buildings and winding streets with cobble stones. They have these “special” stones only in the Czech Republic; they come from a meteorite that fell there and exploded on impact scattering all over the countryside. It is a pale green on colour and polishes up a little like a peridot. I bought some earrings. They also have garnets so bought earrings n those as well. So many places selling Swarovski crystals or jewellery containing the crystals or “so they say”.
Walked around the town with Jason & Karen from Brisbane (Jason is John’s new partner in crime very naughty) and Theo. You will see they are just as silly as us by the photos.
So much information very little retained. I am actually doing this on the 4th June and I can’t remember much.
We had a BBQ dinner upstairs on the deck which was interrupted by a major thunderstorm I think it’s the season. We all filed downstairs and finished the night in the lounge. More food and alcohol followed by dancing to the dulcet tones of Albert in the lounge. He sings all songs in “best Euro accent”.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



6th June 2011
Eating a 'Turtleneck'

TURTLENECK!!!
I REMEMBER THESE!!! Are they just as ridiculously delicious??
10th June 2011

Turtlenecks
Yes they are yummy

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb