Sixth Day


Advertisement
Europe
May 30th 2011
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monday 30th May. Today we did a self guided tour through Wurzburg but on a bike. They gave us an ipod and I think we were 1st to use them as Tour Director Frank seemed to be learning as well at the demo. As we took off on the bike for a second day we certainly felt that we had been riding yesterday, very sadle sore. We found our way up to the fortress, which gave us a fantastic view all over the town. This took most of the time as we made a few wrong turns. It’s amazing people found there way around in Medieval times without maps and electronic tracking devices like we had… We (meaning Steph) have become experts at riding on the wrong side of the road, very hard to get used to but you learn quickly… We rode through the Markt platz, found a bank, bought a pretzel (not as good as in Tubingen). Today Theo came with us, I think he really wanted to go on yesterday’s bike ride but missed out. Jan his wife went to Rothenburg a Medieval town (but no bikes). We managed to lose Theo in the end. (It took a while, he is very tall). We had lots of laughs and checked out the church, which has an amazing pipe organ that was being played when we went in. We walked through the food market and it smelled fantastic. Only that we had lunch waiting when we arrived back, I would have stopped for something local there and we had just lost Theo so were busy looking for him.
I am now up to date and Johnny can busy himself adding photos and loading this up…



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The DomThe Dom
The Dom

This it, Fi ??


31st May 2011
The Dom

YES!!
I do believe that is it, yes. :)
31st May 2011
Theo and John on Old Bridge

Hehe that saint is definitely shaking his fist at you both...
31st May 2011
At the Fortress

Stephy Janey looking uber sporty there!
31st May 2011
Our Lady of the Busted Leg

I'm assuming there's a story to this...
31st May 2011

Yaaaay keep up the bloggage, I'm enjoying reading all about it! I have passed on the address once again to Bevalana, and will send it to various peoples on fb :) Love youse!
31st May 2011

Big yellow jealous streak
Hello to the intrepid travellers, loving the blog, keep it going!!! Love the alcohol tour of Europe, knew all that practice over the years would come in handy some time!!! Hugs to you both!!
1st June 2011

Hi Fi
... it was our lady of the something

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb