08/05 The catch up on what's bin going on


Advertisement
Europe
May 8th 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday
Our hop on hop off experience continued, with more bus rides around the city.  We spent most the time at the tower of London. It was amazing seeing such a large fortress which has stood the test of time. We saw the crown jewels, armory, torture chambers and carvings on the walls made by prisoners waiting to be beheaded. We ended up spending 5 hours absorbing the history.

After the tower we decided that we needed a break from the history so we went on a Beatles walking tour. This was slightly different to what we expected, but we had a great time walking through soho checking out Paul McCartney record label and the record studio where they recorded a few songs. Unfortunately we didn't get to go to abbey road.


Tuesday night we went to the lion king. It was fantastic. The costumes were unbelievable. We both truly recommend the show. To get to the threatre we had to use the Tube. This was a very interesting experience, we had no idea where to go or what to do. We went to the Victoria station which is the second largest station. Each person who we asked for directions just said that the train left from the next room. Turned out the next room was a separate station down a few escalators. it was quite stressful running through the station trying to get to the show on time.

Wednesday 
We were over learning the English history so we decided to catch a train to Shepard and have some retail therapy in the biggest shopping centre in europe.  (Shel and Kylie's heaven and there partners hell with every major label available). While we were there we watched Thor and picked up the warmest jumpers ever from a sportswear store which had a massive sale on.

That afternoon we decided to attempt to be true Londoners and do a  pub crawl. We did a great effort but paid for it the next day with hang overs which lasted until 1pm. Amiralee was stoked to have a true lazy one so we veged out for the rest of the day and went for dinner at a beautiful Italian restaurant. 

Friday we were up early and caught the tube to Notting hill then to St Pauls and did a bit more learning of Londons history at the museum of London (what an appropriate name). This was no where near interesting as the tower of London with only having interesting sections on the black plague, the great fire and the future of London. Afterwards Luke wanted to have a bit of a walk so we tried to find a Harrods apartment store and walked for 3 hours without any luck but Luke did enjoy it. We managed to get lost while heading back from our tube station and found the theatre for Wicked and found out that there was tickets going cheap so we decided to go and watch another musical. It was a great story line with both of us not knowing if even it was post or pre the wizard of Oz but we followed the story easily and was glad we went.

Saturday morning and I am typing this on the bus to Edinburgh. Our wrap up of London was that it is a grand city but no home. The majority of people smoke and it is a true eye opener how much Australia has cleaned up there act and it's amazing to see so many stone building/walkways and pubs! With London being full of desk jockeys they flock to the pubs for an ale and every watering hole is chokers after 5! It's a nation built on alcohol and now I understand why we are too.  Oh also Amiralee would be happy not to have sandwiches for a few months. They have them for sale everywhere and are the main option for lunch.





HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.
Hi mums,
Happy mothers day. We haven't quite worked out the time difference but I hope it is still mothers day.
Love Luke and Lee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb