Europe Adventure Summary


Advertisement
Europe
January 12th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello! After a great Christmas with the family and visit with my friends, I am refreshed and ready to hit the road again. I head down under next week!
The question I've been asked most frequently is what was my favorite place. There wasn't a favorite place since they were all so different, but here is my summary of impressions (in order of arrival)

Ireland: Great pub culture and music, peaceful countryside. Much nicer to visit in July than December!
Wales: Great castles, more rugged than Ireland. Canyoneering was awesome and the mountain biking at Coed-y-Brenin was super
England: First chance to relax in a real house (nice), York is a great town. Nice driving through the countryside.
Scotland: Could have spent more time here. Countryside is beautiful, Edinburgh was a blast during the festivals (Fringe and Tattoo)
Norway: the cities aren't great and too expensive, but the countryside is incredible. Great time kayaking!
Copenhagen: Nice clean, scenic city....watch out for the bikes, they'll run you over!
Czech Republic: Prague was the most beautiful city I visited. Cesky Krumlov was the cutest village. Best beer here!
Poland: Auschwitz was overwhelming, but glad I went.
Slovakia: Loved hiking in the Tatra mountains and Slovensky Paradise. Playing paintball with the other folks at the Ginger Monkey Hostel was a blast!
Croatia: Beautiful country and enjoyed sharing it with Mom. Best lasagna ever in Dubrovnik!
Italy: Lots of Americans here, history, great coastline, Pompeii was incredible. Just scratched the surface.
Slovenia: Cool little capital, Great hiking and canyoning was a blast!
Greece: Sea Kayaking was a highlight of the trip!
Turkey: Interesting history, Beautiful countryside, harder to travel here due to the cultural differences (quit staring at me, and no I don't want to buy a carpet!)
Spain: Need to come back. Enjoyed Barcelona and northern Spain but more to see.

If you have some time to kill and want to see some of the other pix from the trip take a look at the link below. Cheer! Off to down Under!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/atlautz


Advertisement



12th January 2011

wait a bit
suggest u hold off until things dry out down there!

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb