New Zealand


Advertisement
Europe
November 18th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyboby, I'm on a timer so I'll try and fit in as much as possible. We're at Franz Josef Glacier on the west coast of the south island. But I've got a lot of catching up to do as we've done the north island first, last week. So here goes: Arrived in Auckland on Tuesday 9th at 4.30pm and were picked up by the motor home company to pick up our Mauri motor home, our home for the next 17 days. Stayed the night in Auckland on a near-by motor park. Excellent facilities, we were very impressed with the site and its facilities. Early start on Wednesday morning. Headed south east, heading for Rotorua, passing first through Hamilton, N.Z. 5th largest inland city. Hamilton straddles a section of the Waikato river, the longest in the country at 264 miles long. We stopped for acouple of hours before driving further south to Roturua. We decided to stay here for the night and found a site situated right on the Rotorua lake. Another famous lake for its Maori culture and hot thermal activity, mineral pools emanating hydrogen sulphide gas all over the place. We were told it distroys vehicles under bodies. The park we strayed for the night had its own thermal hot tubs, all natural resources from underground, and bubbling mud pools. they had a naturally heated swimming pool. The residents heat their homes with this natural free resourse. Wednesday 10th decided to go to Te Puke in the Bay of Plenty to stay the night at Steve's sister's, a friend of our son-in-law. Will continue this travelbolg tomorrow if I can.
Bye for now Charlotte & John

Advertisement



18th November 2010

Auckland and beyond!
I wonder if you managed to say G'day to my friend Ann!! I'll find out sooner or later. :) M xx

Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb