Bus to Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Europe
April 2nd 2010
Published: November 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


As the bus pulled out of the station in Split it looked as though the weather was going to clear up. As we made our way south along the Dalmatian coast between steep, rocky cliffs and the cloud covered sea, it looks like the weather is going to be stubborn. It is a pity because the scenery is stunning nonetheless. Imagine it in sunshine! At least I have the trip home.

We make our first stop and people hop off to use the bathroom and grab a smoke and a snack. I came prepared with a bag of chips and some Riesens.

Croatia seems to me like Italy without the attitude and ego. The people here seem very pleasant and unassuming. The people must know that their country is beautiful but they don't go screaming about it. Croatia has the ancient history and the beauty with a delightful injection of modesty, something many will say their Italian neighbors lack. Italians know that the tourists will flock to them regardless of their attitude toward them. Not so in Croatia. Croatia has to earn its reputation after a tumultuous modern history. I don't think it is a ploy, though. I don't gather a sense of insincerity behind the Croatian hospitality.

It's 1:30 and we are in Bosnia. I never thought I would be saying that. Actually, I should have said that back in December. We stopped for a break and mostly so that our driver could have a snack. It's alright with me, though, because we are at the top of a hill with a fantastic view of a resort town and the sun is shining brightly. Checked passport, but no stamp. Damn!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb