Day One ! - La Reserva GC


Advertisement
Europe
September 12th 2010
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day One - La Reserva de Sotogrande Golf Course

So we all arrived last night at around 9pm…long day but great to get here. Unfortunately two of the party didn’t make the Madrid connection. The Organiser and his protégé failed to take into consideration EU regulations and the use of a credit card to confirm your booking..needless to say we made a plan and they followed on two hours later. Dinner at the hotel and then moved to the bar ensured we all got to bed by 11pm….Yeah Right !!
So the start of the golf tournament kicked off on the La Reserva Golf Course which is very close to the hotel and given that we have a pleasant tee off times of late morning no one was in a great rush apart for the Dave G and Erik had to take back their second hire car...
Weather a lot nicer that what we left at home and with a slight hint of rain…!! News from the locker room is that all a raring to go…The bets are in, the clubs are clean…the boys are ready.

Some background on the course
La Reserva de Sotgrande is an exclusive golf club situated within the prestigious golf valley of Sotogrande, home of other notable courses such as Valderrama, San Roque and Sotogrande.
It opened in 2003 and is set amongst a truly natural and beautiful backdrop of lush green rolling hills, mountains and spectacular sea views.
It boasts one of Spain most salubrious club houses where no expense has been spared to ensure every detail has not been overlooked. It has been built in the purest of Andalacian styles and has exclusive areas for members only.
The course was designed by Cabell Robinson and has been built to USGA standards. Despite the course only opening in 2003 a lot of the trees that where already growing in the area where in fact transferred and stored during construction, then replanted to give an established feel to the course.
The course is relatively long at 6.448 mts off the white tees, with wide and undulating fairways, while the greens are large and often sloping. Long putts on fast greens are a feature of this course. Water comes into play on six holes, although they should not present too much of a problem. Excellent views of the Gibraltar rock on several holes…

Before we get into the results..maybe some info on how last night went...well..6 beers each the club seemed to put a strong foundation for a long night..We went into Sotogrande and had dinner...we lost Mier to Punda Banus..who was determined to get there whatever happens..as I am typing this at breakfast we are not sure if he is back yet !! The Viking was on top form and empied PBB's mini bar by throwing beer bottles on the bed..as you would have guessed one of them broke...Wet bed for the night.
Lots of chirping (as you would imagine)... Lots of fun and laughter !...Will leave something for the boys to tell when they get back....They are some dodgy ones !!

Cheers for now..will get some photos of the boys in action rather just pics of the golf course..promise!
Don't forget to send us some comments...
PBB aka PBB

Day 1 Results
Iron Man - Individual - And day one individual winners

1st Individual - - Mike Berry 34 Points
2nd Individual - - James Edge 33 Points
3rd Individual - - Wayne French 30 Points
4th Individual - - Peter Hedley 30 Points
Better ball
1st Betterball - - Wayne and James - 41 Points
2nd Betterball - - Dave McK and Mike - 40 Points
3rd Betterball - - Rob and Peter - 37 Points

Wrinklies Vs Pimplies
Wrinklies - 1 and half Points
Pimplies - 1 and half points

Longest Drive - Rob (white knuckles) Edgecombe
Closest to the pin - Mike Swami


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb