CHICKEN PARMO 1 ANDY NIL


Advertisement
Europe
August 7th 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After the all the excitement of Blackpool we had a day of relaxation. But when we woke on Sunday we were looking forward to a trip to the seaside. Having already attempted Bridlington earlier on in our trip we decided on Scarborough. We parked on the south side and walked along the promenade which curves its way around the cliff face. There is nothing but cliff on one side and the sea on the other. As we continued out walk further and further Andy became convinced that there was no real seaside with tat shops and amusements. Having been to Scarborough before I kept my mouth shut and kept walking. As we walked round the final bend I looked at Andy and watched his face light up as he saw the fairground, chip shops, Ice-cream stands and more amusements than we would have time to go in. Holding his bag of 2 pence pieces he disappeared off into the arcades, only coming to find me to show off the latest bit of tat he had won. I have to confess I had my own bag of coins and in the end won some equally tasteless items. Wondering what on earth we were going to do with all this stuff we came up with the idea we would give them to people as presents when we got home. Now I know you all wondering if you will be one of the lucky reciprocates… well you will just have to wait and see!

By the time we got back to Ripon it was getting late. Too tired to cook (must have been the sea air) we picked up a take away. Andy has wanted to try a northern speciality for some time and on seeing on the menu ordered the Chicken Parmo. This is a piece of chicken which is beaten flat and deep fried in breadcrumbs. Béchamel sauce and cheese is then added and it is then grilled. The man taking the order looked at Andy strangely when he ordered a full one. When we arrived home we would understand why. Out of a huge polystyrene box, a monster was trying to escape! After demolishing just half he sat back defeated and when asked if he would try one again his reply was “I feel sick” Even after this I still have a funny feeling that this is not the last we have seen of the Chicken Parmo…… we have read that they are catching on in some areas of Australia!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb