the aroma of romantic roma


Advertisement
Europe
October 29th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone
really not that much to report in this entry just trying to keep u all up to date.
been trying to find a place to upload photos but italy has shit computers so as soon as i can do it i will.
this week has just been completely lazy, finished off the sites in rome, slept in a lot.
the only real venture out of rome was to pompeii for a day. it is so big its just overwhelming.
most ruin sites have like one or two things and then thats it but pompei is an entirely preserved city that was burried under 6 feet of volcanic ash for 1500 years.
apart from that its just been chilling, we have met cool people that we have been hanging out with for the past few days, one guy who is starting med at uwa with me next year.
went to see the pope speak which was cool. this was on a sunday with the huge public mass but cooler than the pope was the nigerian group with all their drums and dances just pulling everyone else into their improved street party.
flying to athens tonight, cant wait to eat some lamb and some salad
am so sick of italian food, u have no idea. its all just pork, cheese and bread. not the most nutritious diet or the most tolerant to lactose intolerance.
been a bit sick for a couple days, just a bout of flu but am recovering well now.
can u believe that we are over half way through the trip already, its gone so fast. i will be back in no time.
cant really remember anything else worth noting, if someone else does, tell me and i shall put it up.
missing u all back home quite a bit so feel proud of urselves
love dylan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb