Party invitation!!!


Advertisement
Europe
September 17th 2009
Published: September 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dear Friends

I would like to invite you to join us for a fund rising evening which is going to take place on:

Sunday 27th September 2009
in Fahrenheit 55, Guildford.

It will start at 6:30pm with a presentation showing all the work we have been doing with Generation Journey in Thailand, after which there will be some fund raising activities, support would be most appreciated. After this you are all welcome to stay to celebrate my 29th birthday! The best present I could get this year would be seeing all of you there having a GREAT time and showing your support.

As many of you know, I have been involved in the Adventure House Project - Generation Journey in Thailand.

The Adventure House is a community based project aimed at providing a safe environment for displaced families and individuals in western Thailand. The Adventure House was started as a project to create a new vision in life for the communities and individuals involved.
The Adventure House was born in January 2009, the project set out with several main goals, however through achieving these goals we have discovered that we can do so much more for the communities. Further financial support is needed however to get the next step of the project up and running.

The aim of the project is to:

- Create a multi-functional place where Burmese refugees can find peace and rest after their trip out of Burma.

- While waiting for paperwork, registration and administration they can contribute in the GJ project, learn new skills such as gardening, building, maintaining, etc...

- A place where young students and children can join "learning camps" and through this they can have access to new and exciting possibilities.

- Different activity topics will be available: HIV-prevention, sexuality, languages, recycling,...and many others. These subjects can be taught by local teachers or/and volunteers.

- By opening our doors to these refugees we can give those willing to learn and move forward, an opportunity to integrate themselves into a safer living environment.

The houses are built from earth bricks in a non-symmetrical shape, two rooms on each side of a communal kitchen and living area. The rooms are separated with a removable bamboo wall so that four rooms can be magically transformed into two big rooms, this depending on the purpose of the ongoing activity. The roof above the communal living and cooking area is transparent so that natural daylight can be absorbed as much as possible. The architecture of the Adventure House is built free from corners and straight lines to inspire non- conformity and creativity.
While I was still in Thailand helping Nele we were thinking how to gather some support and we ended up with the idea of organizing an event around my birthday party in September. And now...here we are, our 'idea' is becoming the reality and we need your help.

I wish each and every one of you could join us. Obviously, some of you are too far away. If you can join us, bring your own friends and family. Feel free to raise money from your own friends and family. (You can see it is kinda a pyramid effect!). There is no set amount, no amount per person. Just MONEY; a check made out to 'Adventure House, and sent to us. We obviously would love to have your support in person, but will know that your hearts are with us from your generosity!

The Generation Journey, HSBC bank, sort code: 40-43-05, account number: 81381911 - please write down - Adventure House!


I am hoping to see you all there.

Agnieszka (Aggi) Bogacka

Advertisement



Tot: 0.444s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 62; dbt: 0.206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb