Still cruising


Advertisement
Europe
September 16th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday 14th.

Cruising the high seas (I suspect in a holding pattern as it’s not that far between ports).

Spent some time exploring the rest of the ship then another visit to the shops. Discovered lots of goodies and bought some - including a collapsible bag with wheels which will ease our baggage movement problem.

When we returned to our cabin we found that our Cabin Attendant Loong Far had excelled himself - he’d made a cute rabbit out of towels which was sitting on the bed.

After lunch watched a movie on the cabin television and Joan discovered a Turner Classic Movies (TCM) channel which will be very useful to prevent boredom. Delighted by the return of our laundry - spotless and complete.

Because we weren’t going to the formal dinner we missed he opportunity to have our photo taken with the Captain - you can imagine how disappointed I am!!!?

The informal dinner in the Windjammer was excellent - great food and service - although it’s buffet the staff still wait on you.

A TCM movie after dinner and then another good night’s sleep.
Tuesday 15th
Berthed at Kusadasi, Turkey at 0800. After breakfast decided to go into the town to “window shop”. Joan was interested in looking at some leather bags and there were trishaw-like chariots waiting at the gangplank to boost Joan’s mobility. At the pier entry we were transferred to wheelchairs - both of us, no arguing!!! On to the shops. We fell into the hands of Turkish bandits (not really - just a family of aggressive shop owners). Two handbags for Joan, a Versace jacket (for me) and some jewelry later we escaped back to the ship (again in wheelchairs), with the Kid’s Inheritance seriously depleted - aren’t credit cards marvelous?? No more shopping until Dubai, and then with much restraint.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb