Barcelona, Spain


Advertisement
Europe
July 20th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

July 20: Not Just Your Everyday Meat Market


We stopped in to the local "Mercat", but given that the Barcelonans don't go to bed until sometime between 3-5a.m., our 8:30 start time beat the crowds - and many of the vendors! After an exhaustive search and learning the intricasies of various slices of prosciuto - Tara and Mengu picked up about $60 of ham to feast upon for breakfast. We picked up some fruit and a fresh-baked sandwich for the road as we took a hop-on-off bus tour of the city. Segrada Familiar was the major stop which provided 3 hours of touring enjoyment before we continued around the city. We switched buses and grabbed a cheap pizza (spanish?) and Sangria which was sold in two LITER mugs (yes, I said two liters). Our waiter laughed at the look on my face as she set it down in front of us and was fairly certain we weren't going to polish that one off. Much like the pancake incident with Tara, one should know never to challenge me in a contest to finish a glass of sangria as big as my head.

With a wonderful sangria buzz, we reboarded our bus
A TRULY happy coupleA TRULY happy coupleA TRULY happy couple

Never has this couple been so happy as when they were surrounded by amazing meats-up to 190 Euros a pound!
and headed back to Tara and Mengu's penthouse suite to enjoy ham, cheese and fresh bread for dinner. Perfection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Bucket-o-SangriaBucket-o-Sangria
Bucket-o-Sangria

From Sagrada to Sangria-we found a lunch spot that had a 2L glass of sangria. Sometimes you just get lucky! : )
A contented lookA contented look
A contented look

After feasting upon ham, cheese and wine upon the veranda-not a bad way to end a day.


Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb