Texel Island


Advertisement
Europe
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was a free day - guides took us to the first stop for coffee and dessert and then abandoned us. We broke out into small groups, four of us decided to hang together.

Nice to ride without the constraints of the group, the four of us are faster riders and did more miles than the others. Wonderful weather again, sunny all day with a nice wind. Took a path all the way around the Island (about 45 miles) and then inland for a few sights.

Stopped late day at an outdoor cafe, had a lunch of pancakes (more like a pizza without sauce), tomato soup, and french fries - shared amongst us. Along with a local beer. All of it was delicious. The food in Holland has been wonderful, they are especially fond of desserts and breads, lots of bakeries everywhere.

Here are some pictures of a typical house, they have very little yards or no yard and really decorate what they have - in town they call them stoops. Also, if you live in a building (like a condo), you own only the space like an apartment - so they have quite interesting doors, they paint them all kinds of colors, have metal in them, glass, all kinds of decorations.

Hoping for another great day, done to only 3 days of biking left, with a tourist day in Amsterdam.





Advertisement



29th June 2009

Just an FYI!!
Hey mom! Sounds like you're having a great trip! Just thought I'd keep you up to date with the world and let you know that Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson all died... Crazy, huh???

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb