The end


Advertisement
Europe
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 26th June
Have got more British people on the campsite now we are getting nearer home . Spoke to a couple over the road in a campervan who came from Pickering - the husband was Ron AKA Captain Birds Eye due to beard - they were interested in our BBQ as they want to purchase one . Next door we have a couple from the west country around aged 25 who like to use the word whimsical in sentences and don’t seem to want to interact with anyone. A potty new Zealand bird stopped for a chat on the way to the showers - Steve didn’t seem to mind as she had a couple of attributes that warmed her to him! Decided to cycle to Knokke Heist which was 15 miles away - the stamina part of the training as 30 miles of flat so no downhill rests and all sat on saddle. Most of route was beside the canal but what a weird place when we got there - there was about 10 miles of sea front all with beach huts and restaurants and ending in a designer shopping street. Decided not to spend our hard earned cash on the £24 menus so made our way back to bruges, after a walk round a coffee and a couple of drinks. Stopped in Bruge centre and had our final tea at the side of the canal - traditional Flemish stew with a fruit beer and a glass of red wine. Cycled back to tent to do some preliminary decamping and have a few drinks ( again!!) - watched part of National Lampoons Vacation and realised that chevy chase and Steve have a lot in common!!

Friday 27th June
Decamped and away by 10.15 am following a chat with a woman who - was born in Ashton Under Lyne and sat on the local council in Teeside with a man from 2 vans down found a bank and then after the supermarket stop for beers and presents made our way to Blankenbergge on the coast - another busy coastal town - very hot today we are on our way to the Belgium Sand Sculpture Festival. Found the place parked up and Steve nearly managed to get run over by a tram going at 30mph - Sculptures very impressive but 11 euros each probably a bit steep for the 1 hour trip and to top it off we had to pay 0.30 euros each for a wee. Left here around 2.30 and arrived around 5pm for travel home on ferry .
Journey ended as it began - Steve got shit on by a seagull. If that had happened at the beginning the Germany copper may not have seen him!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb