Brugge, Belgium


Advertisement
Europe
April 27th 2009
Published: April 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The last blog had us on the way to Paris. In Paris, we encountered gypsies begging for money, lovers showing lots of PDA (public displays of affection), the best of the three C's (coffee, cappacinno, and crepes), wondeful shopping, and as much of the sightseeing experience that we could endure for two days. We stayed at the Cercles Nationales Des Armees, otherwise known as the French Officers Club. This place is full of history (John Kennedy once dined there) and I feel honored to have been able to leave my mark there - even if it is just on the bed. The first night we went to the Moulin Rouge. Lesson learned - do not ask to be seated near the front; all you will get to see is kicking legs and covered coochies. The stage was drawn out to the audience and was about one foot from my head. Nonetheless, Moulin Rouge is a very tastefully done show. The next day, we went on a tour of the highlights of Paris, which ended with an absolutely delicious lunch on the first level of the Eiffel Tower. We then took in the Louvre where we saw the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. What an experience!!! Afterwards, we strolled down the Champs de Elysses and bought a few items. If you want to see what I bought, just ask. -f you want to see what Laura bought, just ask. That's all I have to say about that. Anywayn we really wanted to go to the Latin Quarter later that evening, but we were just too exhausted.

Today, we are in Bruges, Belgium, a town of about 35000 people and that has structures dating back to the 14th and 15th century that have been beautifully refurbished. We are staying in this quaint hotel on a cobblestone street. The only thing we've done today is taken a walking tour. Tomorrow, I plan to rent a bike and ride it around town, take a canal boat ride, and window shop.

Lastly, I want you all to know that EVERYONE here in Europe that we've talked to just loves our president, President Barack Obama. THEY bring him up in conversation and THEY tell us how much they admire him and feel that he is looking out for the good of all. This leaves me feeling so proud!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb